Sunday, June 6, 2010

Bridal Shower/Bachelorette Party Fabulosity

{This was originally posted on the Weddzilla Blog.}

My sister and friends threw me the most FABULOUS bridal shower/bachelorette party on May 22, the day after my birthday!  The day went from 11am until 3am (with some hangover-curing fried chicken the following morning), and every second of it was amazing!

The day started off with a Bridal Shower brunch at the fabulous Elizabeth Restaurant:

The girls gave me a bachelorette sash and veiled tiara (which I am planning on passing on to the next bride-to-be, traveling-pants-style):

and the shower was Disney Princess themed!

And what's a princess without some goodies?

My amazing sister and Maid of Honor Leia put together the fabulous gift bags, which included Disney princess lip gloss ("For true love's kiss"), sunscreen ("To be the fairest of them all"), silk eye masks ("For sleeping beauties") and some lacy underwear.

And the girls got me some lovely gifts too, like this super fabulous rhinestoned "Bride" robe:

And this Georgetown Hoyas garter (for Jeff, they said):

And a fabulous pink nightie, which I happen to also own in blue!
[Not pictured]

 For dessert, we took the subway to Grom for some authentic gelato, then made our way downtown (after accidentally ending up in Brooklyn due to a slight train mix-up) for mani-pedis!
This was my first-ever pedicure, and I am hooked! My red toes still look fab but I am already planning another pedi this week.

After this busy morning, we were all ready for a nap.  We headed into Brooklyn to check into our hotel.  We rested in our pj's and munched on street roasted nuts for a few hours to prepare for the debaucherous evening ahead...

(To be continued.)

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous!!! Glad you had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cooooool Party.http://www.giftwithlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good snaps....
    rosesandgifts.com

    ReplyDelete

My name is Michelle, and I think this was a fabulous post. ;) Your turn!